Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm Not Ready to Go!



Dear Family,
My time is just about up. It's been a wild day, I found out earlier this morning that (against my will) I'm going to be transferred. They are going to have to drag me. This is what I'll be leaving:
Sister Emelita Luna (Part Member, 60 BGD: Dec 26, 09) She came to church for the 4th time and her interview is later this week. She is doing great and the ward is great -- they've been waiting a long time to see her at church. She's helping out with the cooking for the ward christmas party. She's had troubles as her baptism has come closer, and she had some last minute doubts because of all the problems in work and family that have come up this past week, but yesterday she was doing great and she says she's come through it and she's ready to be baptized. She studies the Book of Mormon and I keep thinking on the next visit that maybe she'll know more than me.
The Yzon Family -- They should be baptized on Jan 9, 2010, but it looks like Sister's visa came early as she made plans formerly to return abroad to work for a while. Hopefully she can be baptized before she leaves, we're working out the details. We have grown very close to their family and on our last visit Angelica, their 12 year old daughter, prayed and asked that "hindi aalis ang mga elder namin" (that our elders won't leave) It is going to be really tough to leave a family (again). But I'm so grateful I got to witness their conversion. Brother is down to 2 sticks and Angelica is still giving him a hard time about that because she wants to be baptized right away.

I've got a lot more to write but I'm out of time. I don't think I can say goodbye to Aduas. I know there's a lot more on the horizon.
Thanks family! I love you all and am grateful for the news.
Sincerely, Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment