Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another Week in Paradise!

I'm so glad when I hear from my brothers and sisters, I miss them so much. Thank you for your notes! Lindy, learn lots of spanish and we can chat! Maddy, be glad you don't have to drive on the crazy roads down here! And Aaron is still cute even throwing a fit. But oh my goodness he's so big! Charlie looks like he's having tons of fun! Landon, they NEVER have snow here. In fact, it's never even rained here yet, but it should soon. It's always super warm. We have palm trees and flowers. But I'm sure you're doing everything in your power to get the tramp up there! I wish I could send you a bit of our sunshine! :) Except mom, never again send a picture of a homemade oreo. Or any homemade goodie for that matter. I almost died. It was the most depressing thing I've ever seen. I drooled on the keyboard for sure. I'm in the CCM until the 26th-ish. I know all the senior misssionaries here and they're all great. In fact, the Despains are from Smithfield and know the Smiths. Speaking of, mom, tell them thanks so so much for the stamps, stickies, and chocolate! I'm still hoarding a few last kisses. And a few oreos from the plane. I only eat them when I'm really sad. They're worth gold here. So, I've officially given up on real mail. And no, my package hasn't come. Other people's have which were sent later than yours, but not mine. I'm getting super super worried about it. And none of your letters have come either. But dearelder works more of the time,(but make sure that before I leave you start sending them out to the mission instead of the MTC) but basically, everybody can email me, so shoot off a note to sarah.peck@myldsmail.net That would be awesome. I hope that you're all getting my letters. So, the mission update. There are currently 10 sisters in my mission, and six new ones (including me) will be headed out this next transfer. So even the relatively new ones will be training us. Most of them are North American. And then lucky us, we'll be training possibly after our very first transfer, but for sure after the first couple. Definitely before we're even fluent. So that's scary. And kind of frustrating because I feel like I should be better at Spanish by now. We went contacting at the university here on Friday, and it went pretty well, but was super frustrating, because I can't understand them very well. And I almost screamed I was so frustrated when the only thing I can understand is all the innuendo being called out by the guys as I walk past. I guess it's more of an international language. It's discouraging when I can't answer what people are asking me about the pamphlet I just gave them, but I definitely know way more than I wanted to about what the guys across the sidewalk are saying about me. But for the most part everyone is super nice and will talk to you and take a pamphlet. Yes, I run around the temple grounds or parking lot with some other girls to try to work off the mountains of rice and beans that we eat. It's nice to get out after sitting in classes all day. We've run more than a mile each day that we go, so it's something I can feel proud about even when my Spanish is super awful. But we'll get there I hope. I'm learning lots about the gospel and my Savior every day, so that's something! Thanks for all the prayers from everyone! I can always definitely use them! I love you all so very very much. Love, Hna Sarah Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment