Monday, April 15, 2019

Miracles and Meltdowns

This week was awesome, and not awesome, all in one. We were still trying to figure out the area and how to work it, and it didn't help that we were out of driving miles because the Elders before us had to cover both Damascus and Mt. Airy. 

So it was a lot of added stress to find rides and coordinate where we needed to go with dinner appointments and where we were going to try by ALL while trying to figure out how we work with each other. I finally had my first cry of my entire mission experience. Yay I guess? Get that out of the way? I just didn't want to be here. Haha apparently everyone feels that way? If they are normal? Haha I seriously do enjoy what I'm doing most of the time and already wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I don't yet know why I'm in Maryland but one day I'll find out I suppose. 


So the random jellybean picture...we found a box of these Harry Potter jellybeans where some are gross flavors and some are good and we decided to play that game...nasty. Nasty nasty nasty. I don't know how they get the flavors so spot on to nasty things. So anyway. 

That was the only out of the ordinary thing that happened this week haha. My highlights this week were personal study. I love having this consecrated time for getting deep into the words of Prophets and the doctrine of our Gospel and Christ. We were told by our President to study Preach my Gospel in every study as well, and that is a blessing because it keeps us focused on our purpose here and applies our studies to the people we are interacting with. 

And you know, teaching once in a blue moon. This gospel is amazing and simple. Don't overcomplicate it! Remember that it is such a blessing to already have it in our lives! Keep living it. I also loved District Council. I love hearing how other people do things, gives me lots of great ideas and is always uplifting. Oh yeah, zone conference!!! Loved it soooo much. President is so amazing and inspired. It feels so good to be around other missionaries, to be reminded that we're not alone in the middle of nowhere doing this craziness. 

They do this thing called Miracles where area companionships will race to stand up and shout "Miracles in [whatever their area is] and then share an awesome miracle that happened. It was so cool. Slightly depressing because we have not seem miracles on that level yet, ours are small and simple miracles but just as awesome. Miracles just gets us so pumped. Shows that things really are happening and the Lord is on our side. That night after Zone Conference we did find some awesome people! One couple even said, "Missionaries!? Come on in!!". Never happens. 

They said they would be at church and were super hyped but didn't show up and have since stopped talking to us......but miracles! Doesn't matter the fruit we reap today, it's all in the Lord's timing. It's been rough, really rough, but I do see the tender mercies He gives me all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment