Dear Family,
I just recieved some unexpected news -- My companion, Elder Nuyte from Bicol, is about to be transferred. I was surprised because he's new here too, and I haven't even seen the whole area yet. I thought we'd have at least another transfer or two. On thursday I'll have a new companion, but I'm looking forward to as many months here in Aduas as the Lord will bless me with. It's so exciting to get into the work, be in it for the long run: pray for the people, and then go out among them -- talk with them, walk with them, get to know them, teach them, pick them up for church, take them step by step. It's so exciting to see people come to church, and to see members fellowship and fulfill their callings. It's exciting to see less actives return to church and see that spark light up again. It's just exciting to see the work of the Lord roll forth, every box of Book of Mormons that we give away, I think about it filling the world like Daniel's vision.
Being in it for the long run -- for two years day in and day out -- every thought and deed going towards the ward and the people, that is what is exciting.
It's been 2 years? What? Chris, you've been the best example a brother (kuya) could be. I love you. I'm excited for you, because you've done what you were called to do. You've set footprints for me your entire life that make me stretch, and I'm grateful for that. Thinking of my love for you has helped me love my companions -- That has been one gift. I realize that I was sent to the Peck family -- 2nd -- for a reason. Thanks for everything, Chris, actions speak louder than anything. You are a stud.
I hope to get an update this coming Thursday from Elder Razo about all the people in Capas -- he'd better write!
My time is up, but I've learned so much this past week. One investigator, Brother AƱoso, has been making great progress, and it's been a privelege to teach him. Like everyone else, he has concerns and worries and one amazing thing is the opportunity to study for him, and pray for him and in a very real way recieve revelation for him. It's like that with every investigator, overcoming roadblocks and seeing people repent and change is a real blessing in the work.
I love you all. Chris, I want real bad to see you right off the mission -- you'd better keep on glowing, I want to see that straight-off-the-mission-look in a couple of years, okay? Deal!
Thanks family, you and your prayers bless me every day.
Love you lots!
Elder Peck
So, I admit it! Reading the part in Loren's letter about Chris kind of made me tear up a little. What awesome men you have raised! Enjoy your upcoming adventure! And be safe!
ReplyDeleteChris! We will see you in a couple days! Love you! I'm so proud of you for serving an honorable mission, and for the growth that has happened for you. You are an incredible young man.
ReplyDelete