It's true! I got a letter from the Bosotros family this week saying "The Zamora couple (just couple???) was baptized on September 19th." All through my sit-ups I couldn't stop smiling. I'm sure sister Carla (their daughter) is soon to follow. I am understanding a little better right now the joy that is written of in Doctrine and Covenants -- How great will be your joy in the kingdom of God with every soul that we helped come home. Teaching them was really something else. The spirit in their home was so strong. I loved them so much and the thought of them making it to the temple in a year makes up for every trial. The gospel is true! Heavenly Father let me see a miracle in their conversion.
Thanks to you all! I know that you prayed just as hard as I did for the Zamoras.
Chris, how am I supposed to fill those whoppin' skiis? What size are those things, anyways? Holy cow, give me a hug, will ya'? Way to go. Mom and Dad's stories filled in all the gaps I had in my mental picture. All those amazing experiences and learnings, enough for a lifetime. I can imagine the blisters on Chris' hands. I'm pretty sure that, like the grinch in his moment of decision, your heart has grown 3 sizes, at least! And that's delicado when it was big already! Chris, I'm excited to get an email from you, there's a lot that I need to hear.
I love you all. Chris, love ya'. I can't say I envy you 100% right now, because there's still a whole lot here for me, and I'm excited for every day of it. I hope you'll tell me everything that's still on your mind about the mission, and what the new experiences are like.
Take care, everybody! With love,
Elder Loren Peck
P.S. My new companion is AWESOME!! We are going to see some big changes here in Aduas, Elder Cobacha, 26, from Quezon Province is on fire, obedient, and on top of things. We left the mission home at the same time. He's tall for a Filipino, easy to talk to, hard working, a thinker, and a problem solver. And a good cook! This change is going to be the best!
"Exotic" foods are strictly "bawal" for us here -- I can't as much as eat balot! I mean, seriously! Liver doesn't even bother me now, but I can't compete with Chris! If we were free to eat, I could chow on chicken guts, tripe in soup, chicken feet, pig innards, and a whole lot more right here outside the internet cafe, and on every corner. Kaya lang . . .
I cooked chop suey earlier! I'm getting the hang of some of these dishes, two days ago it was squash and "sitaw" which is like green beans gone wild, with sardines. Aside from that I've learned how to cook adobo and sinigang -- But I'll tell ya what -- when I get home I won't be able to do a thing without a wok. And I won't know how to eat a thing if it's not on rice. That's not a joke. I've forgotten what "main dishes" are.
I can't believe Chris is on his way home! I don't know what to think about that. I love you all so much, and I love the news!
Thanks, everybody!
Elder Loren Peck
(but there's only one now! ah, . . . I didn't say that! Quick, get Chris a tissue!)
Love ya!
"Exotic" foods are strictly "bawal" for us here -- I can't as much as eat balot! I mean, seriously! Liver doesn't even bother me now, but I can't compete with Chris! If we were free to eat, I could chow on chicken guts, tripe in soup, chicken feet, pig innards, and a whole lot more right here outside the internet cafe, and on every corner. Kaya lang . . .
I cooked chop suey earlier! I'm getting the hang of some of these dishes, two days ago it was squash and "sitaw" which is like green beans gone wild, with sardines. Aside from that I've learned how to cook adobo and sinigang -- But I'll tell ya what -- when I get home I won't be able to do a thing without a wok. And I won't know how to eat a thing if it's not on rice. That's not a joke. I've forgotten what "main dishes" are.
I can't believe Chris is on his way home! I don't know what to think about that. I love you all so much, and I love the news!
Thanks, everybody!
Elder Loren Peck
(but there's only one now! ah, . . . I didn't say that! Quick, get Chris a tissue!)
Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment