Monday, July 19, 2010

Here We Go Again!

Dear Family,
Wow, that dessert picture was hands down my favorite. Those chewy caramel/chocolate bars. . .
I've just got a short update this week:

I love the Patricio family! Brother Filipino and Sister Lerma. After a month of teaching them with their 3 year old daughter Jezobel, I pulled out the nursery book ya'll sent me a year ago and am going to start using some of the pictures and cut outs from that for Jezobel because she's way into drawing (I mean . . she's 3 right?). Her parents can't get her to leave the Primary room on Sundays. They passed their baptismal interview with flying colors and last night they invited us to their parents and siblings. I had a blast getting to know them all because I love the Patricios so much. We're teaching 3 complete Patricio families right now, the fathers are all cousins. It sure is an exciting thing that's happening in their area and I pray I can take care of them like Christ would! We're expecting a great turn out and great baptism on Saturday, at 3 PM. YES!!!
On Saturday Ronald Vergara, age 15 was baptized, the last in his part-member family to join the church. It was a sweet moment, and he's being taken care of so well by the Branch Council. I'm so happy with the help of all the branch members in the missionary work and conversion process. They take such good care of our investigators and converts.
Last week Sister Bala came to church while Brother Johnny worked in the fields. This week, Johnny promised that even if he had work, he'd turn it down to come to church. Johnny only studied until grade 3 and can't read or write. On Saturday night his daughter and wife came down sick, so I doubted if they'd make it. But at 8:45, Johnny walked in, in what was clearly his best dress -- jeans and a pink shirt, looking very nervous. I stuck right to him and talked to him and the members were all very good to fellowship. I think he had a good experience. Later in the afternoon, we were asked to give a priesthood blessing to his wife. Next week, we pray they'll make it as a family!
It's been a great week! Tomorrow we're headed to Angeles for Zone Leaders Council for a day and a half. I'm looking forward to a spiritual feast, and of course I'm also looking forward to Sister Puzey's cooking! American food! My companion's name is Elder Tarronas, from Quezon Province. He was actually my zone leader in another zone 6 months ago. I think we're going to make it just fine this transfer. Elder Paler has started texting members in the area -- he's back to work! (Elder Paler is Loren's last companion that just finished his mission last week). Elder Thorn and I have been writing each other, it's been good to stay in touch with him. I love the new zone, there's a lot of new Elders and it's going to be a great 6 weeks. Here we go!

Love na Love ko KAYO!!! Thanks to everyone-
Elder Loren Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment