Dear Family,
I don't know if I can compete with your week. The week was so busy that I forgot about the wedding until Sunday, and it still doesn't seem real to me! I'm glad everyone is so happy and that it turned out well. I also forgot that Christmas was so close -- this week! Time sure does fly.
These were the highlights of my week. We drove with President and Sister Puzey on his birthday to Baler for a zone training. We stopped by a tree called the Balete tree which is huge and it's a tangled jungle mess. I spent the afternoon proclaiming the gospel to folks on the seashore in the country called the "pearl of the east". The weather was great. I had pineapple/banana pancakes, coconut salad, and ate watermelon fresh from the field off the calabaw cart. I got to spend more than 10 hours talking with the Puzeys and I didn't waste a minute of it. I love the Puzeys. On Saturday we had a Christmas Open House at the mission home and the day before, Elder Landingin and I knocked on the doors of all of our neighbors in Redwood Villas, handing out invitations. Last year, only 3 or 4 came, but one of them went on to be baptized. We were expecting a small group, so we were surprised when 25-30 people came and were all watching "The Nativity" with us in our car-port! There was a man from Blanding, Utah, a man from Korea that spoke no Tagalog and very little english. The Sibal family came! Many others stopped by for cookies and picked up magazines. Success! We got a lot of return appointments, and in our free time we got out and taught lessons "behind the wall" in Sapang Bato. The Sibals came to church! It was sister Sibal's first time, but they are talking about baptism now and we taught about the word of wisdom last night. They accepted a baptismal date and it's a shame I won't be around to see it. There are about 6 really strong investigators now, and it's hard to leave them to do other things! We just want to teach all the time.
This week will be the two christmas conferences -- tuesday and wednesday. On Christmas, the Sibals invited us over to teach and it looks like we'll be out teaching on Christmas eve as well. We know very little about transfers but I'm guessing it's my time to head out into the field and thrust in the sickle just like the old times. Not like anything really stopped here, it's just a little different at the mission home. I've learned and seen things that I never would have, and my perspective is so much broader now. I understand more what is going on world-wide, philippines wide, and mission-wide. Above anything else I've learned so much from Elder Landingin and 3 months has not been enough time. He's the best. We've been out jogging in the mornings lately and I'm really sore. Next week I won't be able to write on monday because it's transfers. You can expect an email on wednesday. Next thursday is the day of transfers and I still have no idea what will happen! Every day is full. I love teaching, and I'm learning more and more every day.
I'm looking forward to talking with you. Hope you all know how much I love you!
Love, Elder Peck
No comments:
Post a Comment