Pictures Forwarded to Sarah from La Venta
(Sorry, I lost my camera cord, so there aren't any pictures from here this week.)
Hm, oh yeah, my letter to everyone got deleted last week, so I didn't get to tell you all how great conference was. Nor did I get to thank all who helped me expand my knowledge of Islam and Jerusalem. All responses were extremely helpful and you all deserve blessings in heaven. Also, someday, I would love to take an Old Testament class from David Safeer.
Let´s talk about Rosa, because she is awesome. She´s almost done with 2 Nephi. She's really excited to get baptized on May 10. And even after Elder Holland´s talk, she said she wants to be a missionary. She's 15 for those of you who have missed past blogs. And she's just perfect. We've been trying to find people that aren't youth to teach, but when they come to church every week and read a ton, what can you do?! Also, I have a weird talent for teaching youth.
We contacted a lot of people and taught a lot of lessons. Buuuut, the tricky thing with contacts is that it's hard to get them to come to church. Unless they happen to be Elvis, of course.
Elder Zivic that talked in conference is the one that had an interview with me.
Thanks for the card from the Relief Society. And everyone else who still faithfully sends mail. If only my zone leaders were half so faithful in delivering it.
Job (old testament Job) was very interesting for me to read. It gave me a lot to think about. And not just the normal sunday school trials aspect of it. Now I'm on to Psalms, wish me luck.
I just know that this all has to be true. There's just no other way. Life really makes no sense without the gospel, and as soon as we start looking at it from any other way or get our priorities mixed up, it all stops making sense. This church has to be the true church. This is pure religion. Even if I didn't literally feel heaven's help in this work, it just all makes perfect sense.
I love when things make sense.
And I love this gospel. I love changing lives. And I love that it's mango season again.
Love you all,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment