Monday, May 19, 2014

Rosanny's Baptism!!!!

One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen was the hug her older brother Leonardo gave her right after he baptized her. He´d been practicing the baptism prayer for days. On the way to her interview she was telling me all about how Adam was the first to be baptized, and then throughout the centuries of apostasy, sometimes people wanted to get baptized, but they couldn´t by the proper authority until the power to baptize was restored to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery. That´s my girl!

Hna Alcantara is getting transferred tomorrow.

What else has happened??

Nelson didn´t come to church. Something happened and we couldn´t meet with him this week and he didn´t come.

OH!!! the past couple weeks, I wrote a musical skit (with the help of hna erickson of course) for a stake activity. Elder Forsyth wanted to have a skit night. I rewrote a bunch of popular Dominican songs and some Dominican Christian songs. I was a narrator with Elder Estepan. Hermana Erickson and Elder Koyle were a family that got converted, Hna Alcantara and Hna Caguimbal were the anti-mormon neighbors, and Elder Nelson and Elder Valenzuela were the  missionaries.   They all made me proud. And Elder Forsyth wanted to do our Christmas skit again (which I also wrote a lot of) (I didn´t know I had that talent until the mission) so we did that one again. Everybody seemed to get a kick out of it.

Rusbert came to church after I gave him a bit of a boche on saturday. He´s Yohanna´s older brother. he´s lukewarm active. It´ll be hard to get Yohanna baptized unless he´s coming every week. But apparently  he doesn´t getalong well with the other young men. As he explained it to me; he´s Hatiain, and left it at that. It´s kinda rough. But he came! Even though Yohanna didn´t. Hm, one victory at a time. He´s also my Creole tutor.

Um, I think that´s all. Love you all!
Love Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment