Leih deih hou!! How is everyone? This week has been so full of ups and downs, and there's so much to tell, so I'll do my best to get everything in here.
Ok, so bad news first. So, Tuesday was super rough, I had a really hard time feeling motivated and didn't feel like I wanted to be here anymore. Still haven't had my first crying breakdown though. Apparently everyone should have at least one in the MTC. Still waiting for mine I guess. Anyway, this week has been the hardest I think. I've had such a hard time feeling like I'm progressing in Cantonese and on the lessons. It's hard! Especially when I compare myself to other people in my district, (which I'm not supposed to do, so I don't do it *cough) No, I try really hard not to, but sometimes it's hard. TRC's are so hard too. No idea what anyone said. So, sum up of this week, an awful lot of feeling inadequate. I thought I was already doing fine on the humble department last week, I didn't even know that I could get lower than I am now. Hm...
Anyway, on to the good news: It's so sunny!!!! And warm! I love the weather, it brightens my soul, hence the title of the email. I feel like it gets into my soul and I carry little rays of sunshine with me. So we've been doing a lot of personal and language study outside in the beautiful sunshine! There are these little birds that come right up to us, so I took some pictures. They make me so happy!!!
Also, on the animal department, we saw a duck on Saturday, and a bat on Sunday. And.... The bat was inside the gym. It would fly around every few minutes and distract everyone during devotional. I wish I could have gotten a picture! It was awesome. No idea how they're going to get him out of there...
So, some of the pictures are of this book that we have. It's hilarious. So I had to take some pictures of the sample discussions. Maybe you guys will have as much fun reading them as I did. So now it's something of an inside joke in our district. You'll have to read the really good examples on how to treat your companion. I died laughing.
Another thing I wanted to mention was how grateful I'm trying to be for the MTC food. Everyone complains about it, but honestly, the fact that they make several options of pretty balanced meals for a good thousand missionaries is amazing, plus dessert, three times a day. So I'm pretty grateful. It may not be the best quality ever, but I can't complain. Except the fact that it's making me gain so much weight because it's so much food, plus the dessert that I just can't pass up... It's bad.
So... I'm dying to know how Beauty and the Beast was! You have seen it, right? Our teacher, Li Jimuih went and saw it and I was so jealous!! Oh well. When I get back I guess. But, I guess something that makes up for it juuuuuust slightly is the fact that, guess what, Lexie Walker (I think that's her name) that girl that's in that frozen video, the one with the amazing voice that's super young? She's singing with the MTC choir at our devotional on Tuesday!!! Yup. Y'all should be jealous. No idea whether the camera will ever show me, or whether they'll even record the devotional, but if it ever gets out onto social media, I am in that beautiful amazing choir backing her up as she performs. So there.
So, the other Cantonese district has left us! They left for Hong Kong this morning at like two. It was soooo depressing to see them go! We'll miss them. They were so fun to be around and so hilarious. There was another Sister from Northern Ireland that Sister Keery was friends with before they came to the MTC, and they also had one from England that was hilarious. I don't know if President and Sister Lam will post a picture of them on their facebook page like they usually do with the new missionaries that come in. Anyway, we'll miss them. The next missionaries from our zone to go out will be US! Weird thought.
Oh, I almost forgot! We got two new sisters in our room! We used to only have the three of us in our room and it was amazing. But we got two new ones and they are sooooo awesome! Sister Pressley and Sister Wardle. Sis. Pressley's going to The Hawaii visitors Center I think, mandarin speaking, and Sis. Wardle is going to California mandarin speaking. But Sis. Wardle already speaks mandarin because she's lived in China her whole life. Crazy! She's blonde and doesn't look Asian whatsoever. She's fastracked, so she's leaving in like two weeks, so Sis. Pressley will be her own district! How sad is that! She'll be a solo missionary. It makes me so grateful for our district. Especially since we won't really say goodbye when we leave the MTC since we're all going to the same country. All the mandarins go to all over the world, so they all had to part. I'm so grateful for what I've got!
We hosted Wednesday, and it looks like you got the picture of me that I had no idea was on Facebook. I went up to a car, ready to help the new sister with her bags, and suddenly I freeze because it's Chantel! I'm not 100% sure whether that's how you spell her name, but we were in Cross Country together! She went to Mountain Crest with me! It was such a wonderful moment for me!!!! We were never super close friends, but just to see a friendly face was so amazing. Just what I needed.
Bright spot today! On our way back to the MTC from the Temple, we passed a woman and she stopped us and said that she was so grateful for us. She's been in the church for two years and said she never thought she would have a life like this. She said that there are people preparing for us in Hong Kong and that we would touch people and change their lives, like the sister missionaries changed hers. She teared up and said that she loved us and was so grateful for us. I almost cried!!! It was just what I needed to hear! She was my angel today. I thought, Oh yeah. This is why I'm here. It was awesome.
Mom, I'm soooo glad you told me to just bring my jeans. I'm wearing them right now and I'm soooo happy. I'm already so sick of my outfits. Great. Also, how many pictures can there be of me on Facebook?! I keep hearing people say they loved my pictures. Hm. Also, I know everyone is super busy, but... I really do love getting Dear Elders... My days are always so much better. Man I feel so selfish saying that, but even just once every other week or so would be super awesome to get a letter from someone.
I am doing SYL, but not as much as I should probably... Cantonese is so rough. Bleh. Yup, still love my companions! They're really supportive.
You all are so amazing. I love you all more than I can say. Even though it was a rough week, I do know that this is where I'm supposed to be. It's really not easy. At all. But I know that it will be worth it if I can stick it out. Thanks for all the support that you all provide. It makes things so much easier. I pray for you all daily and think about you often. I know this church is true. I've been rereading the Book of Mormon, and it's a whole new book. I've never caught how amazing the whole book is! It's been so cool to see how the Gift of Tongues has helped me and how close I've come to my Savior.
I've been here three weeks. Six to go. Hopefully I can make it till then. Love you! I miss you all. Have such an amazing week!
Love,
Sister Peck
Paak Jimuih

No comments:
Post a Comment