
We missed the bus -- twice! One bus came and left and then another bus came and left while we were stuck at the stoplight across the street. But while we were waiting, we felt impressed to talk to a lady on the street. She asked which church we belonged to and when we said "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" she replied, "I'm a member of that church!" Apparently she was baptized in Honduras along with her mother many years ago. Her mother still attends church but she had forgotten about it. She was excited to attend church again. Miracles.

Also we knocked the door of a woman named Patricia and she invited us in and we read from the scriptures and then she came to English class! That was cool.
We had exchanges (me with sister summers) and I taught a mini lesson in Spanish all by myself!. One day this week was SOOOO cold! Like, a cold I have never in my life felt. You felt like were actually freezing, it goes right through all of you. Ouch. So cold.



We were fed a spicy soup and my mouth was burning! They gave us a Coke and I thought it would help the heat, but it didn't!


We ate pig stomach at a birthday party.

We decorated cookies with the young women.

Hmm... we have a solo next Sunday for the Christmas music program!
we had a service project Saturday morning making bags of food to give to people on the street as we carol. We're giving them out next week. Hmm I think that's the gist... it was a fast week. I'm happy. I'm grateful for the time I still have left. I'm excited for Christmas conference tomorrow!Love, Sister Peck
No comments:
Post a Comment