It's been a spiritual week. I'm really grateful because I haven't felt this much of a spiritual high in a second. I found yet again that the scriptures are the key. If you ever need clarity, or peace, or fulfillment, or to remember your purpose/identity, go to the scriptures and "Diligently seek". Let the Holy Ghost help you learn and understand what you're reading and it will help you in your very moment/situation of need.
1 Nephi 10:19
On Monday we went to a recent convert's home. She's been going through a lot lately, we don't know what, but we were able to call one of her original missionaries into the lesson and that was really special for her. We talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. How that is how we are and can do anything and how He helps us carry our burdens. So beautiful.
Tuesday we had district council, knocked some doors, had dinner with a member, then sticky noted the door for Mary (the 16 year old) with spiritual quotes and love you's and stuff. She was really touched :)
Wednesday we went up North a little ways to a less active sister. They were making some very authentic taquitos and they were so yummy. We talked about the Christ Child video (https://www.comeuntochrist.org/light-the-world/the-christ-child) and she said we could come back and watch it with her sometime. So sweet. Then that night we had a lesson with a family that's trying to make it back to church. We're teaching them the 5 missionary lessons. Their dad was there (first time I've met him) and he shared a very powerful testimony. I know it meant so much for his kids to hear it. They are going to try to come to church.
We also got to go to a mutual activity because Mary went and I got to paint a little, it was a tender mercy.
Thursday something super special happened! So I have been praying so much to find those who are actually ready to make and keep commitments and on Wednesday we knocked on the door of someone previously taught and she didn't live there anymore but this woman named Cara did and let us right in and when we set some expectations and she completely accepted to take the lessons and find out for herself if it was true! So elect. She was such an answer to prayer. I'm praying so hard for her. We'll see her again this week.
Friday we had interviews. They were such a spiritual experience. President is such a charitable man, and so inspired with the scriptures. I learned a lot.
Saturday was a funny day because we went to teach the English class at 3 but no one came. Then we were supposed to have a Relief Society activity at 4 but then it got moved to 6 but no one told us...so we had 3 people (two who aren't members) have to wait 2 hours oops... but it turned out alright! We made Mexican cookies for all the less active sisters in the branch. Something I so admire about this branch and this culture is that they give everything they have, and God blesses them for it. They take no thought for themselves, and God gives them baskets of loaves and fishes back for it.
Many of you asked what Maryland's like right now. Super cold and humid but no snow yet. They said Wednesday it might! I sure hope so. It doesn't feel quite like Christmas except that we are trying to #LightTheWorld! We do the prompts as best we can :)
I love you all more than I can say. Thank you so much for your words and prayers of support.
Love, Hermana Peck

No comments:
Post a Comment