Monday, September 23, 2013

Buckets - the Stuffed Puppy!

 I promise - It was Huge!
Best empanada in the world!

A momentous moment this week was the first official machine washing of Buckets. After 14 years. He still had a spot from the syrup when he accidentally got a little too close to my pancakes when I was 8. I carefully tied him up in a pillowcase, lovingly filled the washer and put in some soap, trying not to think about throwing puppies in bags into rivers. I was so worried I sat there and watched him the whole time. After the bubble bath, I rinsed him off and put him into the spinner, which about gave me a heart attack because it just whips around in a circle to spin the water out. I was quite worried, but he came out of it great! He hasn't looked so white in probably 9 years. 
And now I've spent a good third of my letter on washing Buckets. Ay ay ay.
Sarah receiving "Buckets" for her 6th Birthday 
Movie Night (17 Miracles) at the Hermana's House during a Tropical Storm (You can see "Buckets" in Sarah's arms.)

We had zone conference this week, and Elder Zivic, a general authority, came. He interviews five missionaries before, and I was one of them. Hna Erickson said to say something cool so that I could get quoted in General Conference, but I think I was pretty boring, so I wouldn't count on it. She was a bit disappointed. But it was really good. I learned lots. 

I finished the Gospels! Yay scriptures. 

We taught Gloria about eternal marriage this week, and I think it cayó bién con ella (went well). We explained that that´s why her dress should have sleeves, and that no worries, she can throw a big party with all her family and friends at the church afterwards. She seemed pacified. She´s only 16 and not getting married anytime soon, but she´s a 16 year old girl and likes to talk about it. We also had her fill out a pedigree chart, and the next day it was completely done, all the way to her great grandparents. She is awesome! We´ve got fingers crossed for the 12th with her. She wants it so bad. Just lots of prayers that her parents will have their hearts softened and that she can get the firma! (signature).

Love, Sarah Hermana Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment