Monday, September 30, 2013

How Can Anyone Be Wearing a Jacket?

 Cooking with Our District
 Hitch hiking!  Us hitchhiking in the back of a truck. My leg hurt and it was just too long to walk back from zone meeting. Yay Hna Erickson for flaggin' it down. 

We tried to cook Arroz con Leche this week, and..... it was a good first attempt. Maybe next time...

It's still roasting here, and they say that nothing's going to change for winter. The Dominican's all just laughed when I asked. I'm already missing snow. Don't know what I'm going to do for Christmas.

We'll get to watch Conference, hopefully I pick up a little more this time around. 
Last night we found a frog in our room. Three minutes after chasing it out of the house, Hna Erickson called, "Oh no, come here Hermana Peck. Don't be scared, just come look at this."  
This is what I saw: AAH! 

And I promise it looks even bigger in real life. We spent a good half hour trying to kill it, all four of us. Hna Hamblin was really brave and eventually took out three of it's legs with a broom stick, but eventually it just escaped out the windows that don't really close because there's no such thing as glass. We both had a hard time falling asleep, even with bug nets. Shudder.

We still have lots of people coming to church. We have 5 baptisms planned for this month. We're praying they work out. Gloria(16) will depend on if we can get a signature from her dad. Estarlin (18) will depend on if we can keep it secret from his dad. Ay ay ay. Yolanda (14) Christopher (14) and Angel (14) hopefully will all work out. 

For now, love you all,
Love, Sarah Hermana

No comments:

Post a Comment