Wow. What a week. Or, I guess two, kind of, since I couldn't really write on Saturday. So, I don't have super long, so I'll just touch on highlights. I was so glad I could talk to most of you at the airport!!! Such a blessing. They kept telling me thank you and to tell you thank you and it was so fun to see how happy they were to talk to their families! Heavenly Father is so amazing. It's so amazing that He would care that much about our small district. I'm soooo grateful!
And I'm so sorry, we can't get our pictures off this computer! So I'll have to send them next week. That'll be ok though, I don't have any cool pictures. It's hard because we can't just go around snapping pictures.
Yeah, so I slept a ton on the 14 hour flight and it was super exhausting. But we finally made it to Hong Kong, hence the picture at the airport! It was a little intimidating, but we made it. I was so grateful I was with my district so I didn't have to figure out the airport by myself. Then we went on a super fun car ride through Hong Kong, Chinese driving style(super scary) and made it to the church headquarters across from the temple. We stayed there two nights. Super fun! President and Sister Lam are the most amazing people. I love them so much! And we went to get our IDs and then walked back to the building in the pouring rain. It was POURING rain. Not like Utah rain. Like buckets of rain. We were so wet. Then we immediately met our trainers! Super fun! I'm with Sister Hugo and she is the best! She's super sweet and super patient with me and willing to teach me. It's awesome. So now I'm in West Point! The more suburb part of the city I guess?
Hong Kong is super cool. I already really like my area and the people are super nice. I bore my testimony yesterday in church and the members were so nice and welcoming even though I couldn't understand a word they said. But it's super warm and humid here and really pretty. The view from my window is a swimming pool and really pretty trees on top of a super tall building. From the window it looks like the ground floor, but we're on the 23rd floor of our building, so... Super crazy.
Let's see, we taught Yuen Jimuih this week, she's this super sweet lady with the most adorable kids. I just sat and listened to Sister Hugo teach, and I shared a three sentenceish testimony/experience with prayer. whoop. But it's fun. English class is one of the hardest things for me. I know what you're thinking, uh, but you speak English. Yeah, but try talking to little kids who instead of speaking English try to ask you questions in Cantonese. Problem. I can't translate. But it's good. Tones are just so stinkin' hard to get down. It'll come. I hope?
Other than that, we just went to the pier, that was super cool and really pretty. I wish I could've taken a picture, but we don't want to look like tourists. Also, the parks here are so amazing. They have gorgeous landscaping and are amazing. I wish American parks could be a little more like Hong Kong parks. They're all like a work of art. You may have to google them. But it's been a really good week and pretty fun. But I'm sure there'll be some downs too. It says so in the culture shock article anyway. Right now it's still new and fun, so I'll take advantage of the learning opportunity!
So I'll talk to you all on Sunday!! Mothers day Skype! I'm so excited! I don't know how long it'll be for, but it'll be awesome.
Food is good, we're in slightly less dense population, but still crowded. In a ward. And we can get just about anything we need I think.
Man, what a week. It hasn't been all easy, it's definitely an adjustment. But it's been amazing too. I can't even describe how many miracles I've seen already. Heavenly Father definitely looks out for me. I can't even imagine what it'd be like adjusting without His help. The language is so hard and it's hard to be away from everything I know, but I know that I'm doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do, so it'll all work out. It always does. I love you so much and pray for you all. Good luck with everything this week!
Sister Peck
Paak Jimuih



No comments:
Post a Comment