Monday, May 15, 2017

Thousand-Year Old Egg...?

Hello Everyone!!

Also mom, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! I totally forgot to tell you that!!! And Grandma!! So this week has been crazy! Lots has gone on and I was sooooo happy to see all of your faces!! Sorry it was so choppy and we didn't get to talk a lot. But I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! I love you all so much!!!


Oh, I wish I had more time to tell you absolutely everything!! I'll do my best though.

So, really quickly, yeah, we did a lot of street finding and park finding this week, and a little bit by the pier, though we stayed home all day one of the days because Sister Hugo had a really bad cold. I felt so bad for her, she looked so miserable. So she slept a lot of the day and I did a LOT of studying. But she's feeling better now, so such a miracle! 




For Mother's Day, we had that amazing french toast!! So good!!! 

And we pulled a bouquet of lilies out of the trash. Yeah... So, Happy Mother's Day! 

Oh, we had Zone Conference and it was super good! I love President Lam and Sister Lam. They are so much fun! And I got to see Sis Burtenshaw!!!! So fun! And Sis Stafford called me the other day, which was super fun! Everyone's doing well it seems. Hm... I'm having such a hard time thinking of what to say! We taught Yuen Jimuih a few times and she brought us Guava one time (SO good) I have one in that picture of me holding a fruit. 

And mangoes and apples. She's so sweet!! And we were able to teach Vilian the other day too and she's so excited about everything! We were hoping to extend a baptism date, but Yuen Jimuih doesn't seem to keen about the idea yet. We'll see... 

Most of our other lessons we just got fonged (they didn't show up) which was too bad, but unfortunately pretty common. And I mentioned that we talked to that super strange conspiracy theorist guy!? So creepy. We got out of there pretty fast, but we couldn't tell whether he was taking a picture or a video of us... so weird. But we're safe and sound, so it's all good. That and the Elders could have taken him if they needed too haha. 

We had dinner with the Lohk family and that's the picture of them. So nice and so friendly!! The dad's the bishop and Sister Lohk has helped us fellowship Yuen Jimuih. Daniel, the little 9 year old boy is so smart and his English is super good. 

That, and as for the title, that's the picture of me with that really gross looking thing. I did NOT eat it. Don't worry. 

So that's an egg that they take and soak in salt water or something, then go bury it in mud and it comes out looking all black and they eat it. It's called a thousand year old egg. But this one was rotten as well. So gross. Nobody ate it. 


Sister Lohk got it from a friend but yeah... So we all just looked at it, then got rid of it. Pretty funny.

Other pictures, that pork and rice is the Chasiu Faan! (No idea how to spell it but it's delicious!) Daniel feeding ice cream to the Elders... 

Oh, and some pictures of where we stayed the first two nights.





 And a picture of the pier. 



 And some pics of last p-day when we just relaxed with Sis Thompson and Magelby at their apartment. Their apartment is so big! Well, comparatively.


Wish I had more time!! I love you all so much and I love your emails telling me all about what's going on at home! I love Hong Kong so much and I love and miss you all. I hope things are going well there!! I wish I were there with you all, but I'm also really grateful for the opportunity to meet these amazing people. I think the best moment this week was hearing little Jan, Vilian's 4 year old brother, pray. It was so adorable and my love for this family grew a million times more. So amazing. So even though I don't understand a word anyone says, I still love the people and I'm learning, slowly but surely. I love you! I love this gospel and know it can bring the people here so much happiness. Till next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment