Monday, June 12, 2017

Curtains and U.F.Os

Hello Family!!! Alooooooooha!!!! (Oh wait, that's Hawaii)

So, crazy crazy week! I'll try my best to get everything in there!

 Hey, so we're on our way to have lunch with Joyce!!!!  (Note from Kerry:  Joyce is my dad's cousin and she and her husband are serving a mission in the Asia Area and are situated in Hong Kong. Joyce sent me this picture of Maddy and her companion after their lunch.) 



So to start, Aunt Kathleen, I forgot to tell you that your Dear Elder letter did make it to me! And your other letter got to me this week as well. Thank you so so much, it was just what I needed this week! Tell grandma I love her so much. Lots of love to both of you!
So, for some of the pictures, last P-day after emailing, we went shopping a little, then took the Star Ferry and went to the Garden of Stars to get a picture with the Bruce Lee statue. 
Totally worth it. But it was sooooooo hot!!! Like melt your face off hot. Someone said that the weather here is like sticking your head in the oven to check the cookies, that steam that hits your face, except you are doing that all day, with no cookies, and no way to shut the oven door. Yup. And this week is supposed to be a typhoon, so that's fun. Today it's at a 3. I think it's a scale of 1 to 8. So just rainy and windy.


For the title, we got new curtains!!! I forgot to take a pic of them, but they look so nice! We got talking to the guy and his wife as they put them up and the guy seemed to have some good potential, and theeeeen..... he said that he'd seen Buddha. And 2 U.F.O.s. And GunYam. (A white woman with lots of bodyguards. Center of a lot of legends I guess? No idea) Soooooo, yeah, that's how that went. But the curtains look great!

I don't have much time, as usual, but I wanted to make sure I covered the miracles this week. So first off, I met a woman on a bus a while ago, and we called her last night and she may have some interest, so we gave her to the Po Fuk Lam Sisters since she lives in their area. So cool to see how the Lord works in my life to help others! 
Also, even better, we went to a less active woman's apartment last night for dinner, I met her on the Wan Chai bridge for English class finding. We realized that we live super close to her, so she scheduled dinner right there! So we went for dinner and she was soooo nice! She's from Taiwan, but grew up in the U.S. for a while, so perfect English. She's a reporter and has an adorable cat named Scoop! Classic. 
She shared some super amazing stories, I can't even describe how much I love her already. After our message and everything, she said that she'll have to work through some stuff, but she may be ready to try for a relationship with God again. She's been through quite a bit this last week or so. But I wanted to give you a little feeling for how amazing she is. We'll go back on Wednesday to give her back her bag, which she filled with amazing groceries for us, and take her cookies and a poster.
 It was such a miracle for me to see how much Heavenly Father loves her, even though she doesn't think so. The fact that she ran into me on the bridge, and I just happened to be on exchanges that day, and she said she usually doesn't take that bridge, everything, literally everything was so perfectly timed and put together for us to run into her. His love for her, and especially for me was so overwhelming last night. So humbling and definitely an answer to prayers.

I love you all so so much, I wish I had more time to write all of you, but I miss all of you and love hearing about everything! We're supposed to get the new group here I think sometime today too! So excited! They were probably in the same infield orientation group!

Anyway, I love you all so much and hope you know how much Heavenly Father loves you all too.

Till next week!
Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment