Wednesday, September 6, 2017

An Interesting Week. . .

​Hello!

To answer your question, typhoon recovery is good, Hong Kong is pretty used to it for sure, though I guess this last one took them by surprise a little. Poor Macau is a wreck, I guess the China military had to go bail them out and help them clean up. Then we had that other level 8 right after, so cleaning up has been a nightmare. So everyone's just praying that the one hanging right off the coast doesn't hit too hard, they were predicting another 8. Right now it's just a 1 and it looks like it'll miss Hong Kong. Phew. It's already been super super unusual to have this many huge typhoons in a row. Crazy! And everyone here is talking about Texas and how it's pretty banged up. Yikes! So much crazy weather!

So this week has been an interesting one, as usual I don't know where to start... I guess I'll go in order of the pictures. 

We had FHE with a young couple and their adorable baby boy! We had pizza for dinner and it was amazing. 

And guess what... YUP! Little bitty octopuses!! I've had the pleasure of trying these a couple of times, but it's still a little weird. If you thought Pineapple was a weird topping, try this!

Trying to memorize D&C 4 in English and Cantonese...


Sister Groberg doing her amazing doorframe pullups! (Sarah, she loves rock climbing too!)

Then giving Sister Webb a haircut.

We had dinner with the Yuen family and they have three adorable kids. The elders did a fun activity about the Stripling Warriors and the kids were the warriors tackling the Lamanite (Elder Lutkin). It was hilarious.


We had a dim sum with Julia and Amy and Mr. So. Then went downstairs and they had some very large promotions for the emoji movie.



The elders sent us a text one night and I think they're turning bundeih (native). They're English is slipping...
We also had a crazy lightning storm that was so pretty. The lightning was so pretty and so frequent. I took a video.

We had a posture fixing activity, so that was fun. I think my posture's ok, but man my shoulders hurt afterwards! 


That same day, we met with a woman named Echo. We called her the other week on accident and she'd just barely dropped her other church. Complete miracle! She seems very nice, not totally interested yet, but we can tell she's definitely been prepared, so we'll see! She has a super cute daughter named Sophia too.

Church was a little weird this week. Sara, Echo, and Marco all didn't come to church, we missed half of Sacrament cause we were waiting for them, then a guy came and sat behind us during Sacrament Meeting, he sometimes comes to English class and has a HUGE crush on Sister Webb. Awkward. He's got a little bit of a mental problem as well, so it's kind of sad. And also a little creepy. So that happened. He waited the entire time we were at the church and halfway walking home, he came up and started walking with us. Sister Webb was super straightforward with him. Apparently this has been a problem for a long time. So that was exciting. Something about Hong Kong is that they just kind of let all the people with mental disabilities go uncared for, so they're everywhere. Super sad.

But on a happier note, we made banana bread to take to members probably today, and yesterday we had dinner with the King family! They're so cute!!! The dad is from America and half Japanese, the mom is from Hong Kong. Brother King served his mission in Hong Kong. They're kids are so cute! The made us apple pancakes and it was so so good.

That's basically my week. Lots of crazy things happened. But Sara is doing amazing, she's accepting all the lessons spectacularly and she basically taught us the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. We think she's really going to reach her baptismal date this time!!

So that's me for the week, I hope everything is going well for everyone! I love you all so very much! Have a great week!

Sister Peck
Paak Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment