Sunday, June 3, 2018

Let Us All Press On

Hey everybody!
So fun to hear about graduation and the start of summer! I can't say it feels like it here, the kids are still in school and the weather is still heating up. They say it's the record temperature this year and we haven't seen much rain, though it's supposed to have rained all week. Looks like we're in for a very very hot summer.
This week doesn't have a ton of updates, it was a pretty typical week in the missionary life. We went to Cheung Jau on Monday and had a nice relaxing time at the beach. We also had lunch at an Italian restaurant, not the real kind, but it was close enough.
The rest of the week was full of normal things, district meetings and finds, though Thursday was a bit unusual. Sister Ramboz was a bit sick, so I ended up going with Sister Kimball to meet with a potential at their house. It was pretty normal, we met up with Wong Jm from Butterfly, she vaguely remembered me, then we went to go up, but the Bou Ngon (security guard) told us that they didn't have a 28th floor. So long crazy adventure later, we found that she lived in Luhng Mun Chyun, not Wuh Dip Chyun. Oops. So we left, apologizing to Wong Jm, (she was very good about it) Then we headed for the MTR station to go to the zone find in Kwai Chung. The Hing Tit (Light Rail Train) was pretty slow and Sister Kimball and I were pretty sure we were going to be late, but we had a fun time talking. Then we may have accidentally gone to Tsing Yi... So we turned around, sure we would be late, but not really worried about it, then we got there right on time. It was hilarious. It was our little adventure for the day. I also saw some Americans on the MTR on the way and I turned to Sister Kimball and asked if all Americans sounded like that. We decided they were probably from California, but man, missionary English is a lot different from normal English I've decided.
But the zone find went well, I went on splits with Sister Rees and we had a good talk catching up and talking about missionary work, and also got to share feelings a bit on going home together. We hope we'll get to sit together to Seattle, then she'll go on to Virginia. Crazy.
Then the week was very normal. Saturday was a bit crazy cause we saw Liu Sj, taught kids English class, had two lunches and had correlation. Coco's mom, from english class bought us McDonalds after class, then we had lunch with Nicky cause it was her day off. It was pretty funny.
That basically sums up my crazy, yet normal week. It was pretty good though. We also got to eat dinner with the Yau family, just Yau hd and his wife. (he's our ward correlator) They are so hilarious! Then we took some mango pudding to Lahm JM, the one who's husband just passed away and her arm is still hurting her a lot. It probably needs surgery. But it was fun to talk to her and her sister from Mainland. I really need to relearn Mandarin...
But that's about it for me, just moving forward to the next week. I feel like I'm still learning new things every day, both about myself and about this gospel. It truly is the gospel of changing and growing. So we'll all just keep Pressing On this week and see what else the Lord has in store for us. Love you all so much!!!
Love, Sister Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment