Ok, so I'm going to do the fast version of this week since I don't have too much time, and I'm not sure I can remember most of it anyway.
To start at the very beginning, last p-day we went to a little festival thing in Tsing Yi, there were lots of food booths and we got to see some Chinese Opera, which is pretty cool. Very old and cultural. Mostly just the old people get the stories because the stories are pretty old. But it was cool. I got super full though cause we got Tam Jai (basically the noodles in broth with meat and other stuff) before, then lots of snacks, so I got really really full and my stomach hurt a bit. Mom, you've seen me after dances and stuff. If I eat a lot and then stay on my feet for a long time, it's not fun. So then we went home and then went to a chang out... yup. Sandy fed us lots and lots of food, and let me tell you, prayers really do bring miracles, cause I felt totally fine the rest of the night until 9:30, then luckily, it all came back up. That doesn't sound like a blessing, but believe me, it totally was. I felt much better after that.
The rest of the week wasn't near that exciting. We had a very typical week of meetings and Crossroads (service), we went to Sister Branch's acupuncture and I almost fell asleep cause I was so tired. But then Ho Tin and his mom took us to a restaurant for lunch and it was super amazing. That's what those pictures are. We taught Tony, who decided to go part time in December again instead of June, and Fei Fei, who still wants to be baptized, so we're shooting for sometime in June and we'll just start over with her.
We also taught Liu Siuje, and she's doing so amazing!! We invited her to get baptized, but she said she wanted to understand more first. But she bore a bit of testimony and the spirit was so strong. She's doing amazing.
Then we just had stake conference yesterday, which was good. Jeung HingDaih came with us. It's his Birthday today! He's turning 78. On the bus ride back, he taught me some Mandarin. He's so so great and so sweet.
As for the title, we had a surprise rainpour on our way back from visiting Lahm Jm and her daughter Kayla. Luckily Lai jm and Chan Jm had enough thought to give us two umbrellas, and we were able to make it though the rain. We also got to help a girl named Catherine, who didn't have an umbrella. She lives in one of the buildings near us, so we shared our umbrellas.
Lahm Jm's (an LA) daugher Kayla has been living in America. She came back when she heard about her dad passing away. We'd visited him and Lahm Jm last month and he'd been pretty tired. He'd been struggling with cancer for a while. We're going today to help out with his funeral and we'll be singing the musical number.
That's basically our week. Super busy. Transfer calls are this Saturday, skype is on Monday for me, Sunday for you all. I'm super excited. But not for transfer calls. Talk about bad timing. I'm hoping for a bit of a breather this week, but we'll see if that happens. Love you all so much. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much and has blessed this area so much this past month. He really does care so much about every one of His children.
Love you guys! See you next week!
Love, Sister Peck

No comments:
Post a Comment